include("cmp.php");
Archive for the ‘Letters’ Category
Ruling party should not make sweeping statements

Ruling party should not make sweeping statements

In the Sunday Times today (5 Sept), SM Goh urged “Singaporeans to put carpark, housing woes in perspective and think of the poor” and that “we’re victims of our own success”. I wholly agree with SM Goh about the issues that he has highlighted in the article. Unfortunately he has missed the point altogether. Singaporeans... 

You can take a Singaporean out of Singapore but you cannot take Singapore out of a Singaporean

You can take a Singaporean out of Singapore but you cannot take Singapore out of a Singaporean

Two years ago I, with my Canadian-born 12 yr old son were in a eating centre in the People’s Park. It was late at night and only two stores were opened. One of them mended by a few PRC young ladies and they kept calling me to order from them. Another store hired a old Chinese man who spoke to me in Hokkien:”What do you want... 

True Foreign Talent losing out to cheap foreign labour

True Foreign Talent losing out to cheap foreign labour

After the credit crunch rocked the UK economy last year resulting in me unable to get a full-time job, I decided to return to homeland Singapore, expecting much better prospects. To my dismay, despite my qualifications from a recognised university from the UK and years of work experience, I am stunned that I am still hunting... 

Official Quick Links
Members LoginContact UsSupport Us
Sponsored Advertisement
Search On TR Emeritus
Sponsored Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

UA-67043412-1