include("cmp.php");
Archive for the ‘Letters’ Category
Press censorship on important HDB issues

Press censorship on important HDB issues

By David See Leong Kit HDB's response "Why we peg to market rates: HDB" ( TODAY Sept 25) to my earlier letter has necessitated my right of reply. (read letter here) Instead of merely accusing me of being "misleading and illogical", HDB is expected to be transparent in disclosing fully the actual breakeven cost of new flats in... 

Why peg prices of new HDB flats to market rates?

Why peg prices of new HDB flats to market rates?

By Ng Kok Lim I refer to your letter "Why we peg to market rates" to Today dated 25 Sept 2009. (read letter here)   You wrote that the HDB incurred an average deficit of $1,045 million a year on home ownership programmes.  However, if we refer to Page120 of HDB's 2008 annual report, $625,102 was spent on "upgrading, improvements... 

A reply to Ms Mabel Tan’s letter: “How family’s fortunes have grown over the years”

A reply to Ms Mabel Tan’s letter: “How family’s fortunes have grown over the years”

I refer to the letter "How family's fortunes have grown over the years" by Ms Mabel Tan dated 26 Sept 2009. (read letter here) Ms Tan's bemusement is understandable. She is bemused because she and her family are totally unencumbered by the recent sharp increases in property prices. Like the person watching a fire from the safety... 

Official Quick Links
Members LoginContact UsSupport Us
Sponsored Advertisement
Search On TR Emeritus
Sponsored Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

UA-67043412-1