include("cmp.php");
Archive for the ‘Letters’ Category
Interesting attitude of Singapore elderly to foreigners

Interesting attitude of Singapore elderly to foreigners

By Alvin Phoon It seems that Singapore has been more influenced by American culture than we thought. We have rednecks now!  This article provides an interesting read. Pay special attention to what’s written at the bottom. 58 year old housewife living in a 2 storey bungalow is afraid of foreign workers and their secret magic... 

Singapore style democracy

Singapore style democracy

Dear Mr Shanmugam,   I refer to your speech at the New York state bar association dialogue as reported by the Straits Times on 30th Oct 2009.   In your speech, you referred to American economist Bryan Caplan's arguments that as a political entity, Singapore should be seen as a city and as far as cities go, America has its... 

Use of public funds by Boon Lay CC for grassroots event at condominium to promote “community bonding”

Use of public funds by Boon Lay CC for grassroots event at condominium to promote “community bonding”

I am a resident of Lakeholmz condominim and I am writing to express my disappointment at Boon Lay Community Club for disbursing a fund of $3,410 for a Children's Day cum Hari Raya celebration held inside my condominium on 3rd October 2009:       I felt it is not right for public funds to be used for a function held at a... 

Official Quick Links
Members LoginContact UsSupport Us
Sponsored Advertisement
Search On TR Emeritus
Sponsored Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

UA-67043412-1