include("cmp.php");
Archive for the ‘Reviews’ Category
Growing pains in growing fairly

Growing pains in growing fairly

Dear Dr Tan Khee Giap, I refer to your 4 Jan 2012 Straits Times article. By comparing Singapore's average GDP growth of 9.3% from 1987 to 1997 and 5.5% from 1998 to 2008 with Hong Kong's average GDP growth of 6% from 1987 to 1997 and 3% the following decade; you concluded that the Singapore government was able to squeeze more... 

Scholars are not bad people but…

Scholars are not bad people but…

I worked with scholars in a Govt-linked company for many years. They are not bad people. Most of them feel lucky that just because they are good at studying, they suddenly have free money (via the scholarship) and a great CEP in a big company. Their life is made. They are nice people but most of them tend to be gutless and spineless.... 

Rebutting an Indian national who commented on Singapore politics on ST Forum

Rebutting an Indian national who commented on Singapore politics on ST Forum

Dear Straits Times, I refer to the 12 Jan 2012 letter by Mr Marcel J Misquith. Mr Misquith claims that the politician's job is more complex than that of the CEO's because the minister's task is multi-dimensional comprising wealth creation, job creation, infrastructure and security compared to the CEO's task which he claims is... 

Official Quick Links
Members LoginContact UsSupport Us
Sponsored Advertisement
Search On TR Emeritus
Sponsored Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

UA-67043412-1